Monday, November 2, 2009

Spontanious jump into Juicing

Last night I intensley felt it was time for me to Juice Feast. I had been sitting on the feeling that I would Juice Feast "one day", but had never really thought of just jumping into it. Now. I mean, when I wake up in the morning I am going to start juicing for 92 days. Uh huh. You go. My raw journey has been absolutely fascinating. When I went raw in 2007 I was amazed at my bodies transformation, its requirements and what it let go of! I was breastfeeding my newborn as I transitioned to Raw plant based foods and boy did I need plant fats, wow sustainance, the weight came off, my vitality increased, my breathing improved, I nurtured my hunger in transition with smoothies, avocados, raw creamy nut dressings on my salads and loads of bananas!

2 years in and my dietary requirements are no longer what they were. My body gives me signals now that differ so greatly from that original way I adopted of eating Raw. Now, too much fat just tires me out, lethargy and a slump in energy follows. I still integrate a little in my meals but hardly what I used to. Still breastfeeding I have found that I can eat greens and fruits in abundance with out feeling tired. So I decided, 2.5 years into breastfeeding that i can safely dip my toes into the Juicy world of Feasting....
Well, here it goes.



Day 1: November 2 2009


I am a little tentative, excited and ready for adventure!!! I have been juicing for quite a while now but had not considered until recently a full on Feast. This morning I downloaded Angela Stokes-Monarch's e-book on Juice Feasting for some tips and dived right in.

My main focus as I feast is healing my respitory system, clearing up my skin and releasing any toxic emotions that have been holding me back from reaching my fullest potential. I am excited to reset my whole system, beautify my monkey suit and really break through any limitations I may have unconciously set my self!

So what nourished me today?

1/2litre-fennel, celery, ruby red grapefruit, apple, parsley
1/2litre-pineapple,apple,rocket (argula)

1/2litre-celery, watermelon, ginger, strawberries
2 young coconut water, about 1 litre
(fresh off the tree! bliss!)
500ml-pure water

700ml-zucchini, tomato, fennel,capsicum, cos lettuce (like an energy soup!YUMMMM! :)
700ml-watermelon, jackfruit, black muscat grapes


Observations: Have a definate detox headache. A mild sort of one.
I found my self constantly pretty hungry today, I was amazed at how little time I spent in the kitchen despite making so many juices! i think i spent more time peeing. No bowel movements today, which is unusual, I have 3 every day....

I had heaps of doubts, mind games and hungry for solid food pangs, but I just reminded myself of the great benifits ahead! I also occupied myself with assisting Peck with a great garden we are building for our lovely host, Kathy and we walked to the community garden and blissed out with the kids in the lush abundance growing all around! Bananas ahoy!

It is interesting making M (2) lunch, I am sure it will get easier as my body blisses out on pure raw organic juice.......what ever could be next?????

3 comments:

  1. When you have juice feast, is that the same thing as a juice fast? Do you eat food while you are juicing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    No a juice feast is a fast without eating whole fruits and vegies. Just drinking the juices to give the body a break from digestion so it can concentrate on detoxifying, regenerating and rebuilding the body. So yeah, I guess it is the same as a fast, the Raw Foodies like to call it a feast so the mindset is about abundance!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new love vibe(I, too consciously see myself transitioning to a more simple lifestyle: mono fresh fruit-eating, tender leafy greens as one intuitively craves and loves them:), Holly - I love your style!

    Angela(Stokes-Monarch) is great advertsement for juice feasting isn't she. Did you see her raw union pics(Wow:)?

    xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete